Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

reality is setting in

15 days.

How is it even possible that I leave in 15 days?

Kenya has felt a lifetime away for so long. Now, all of a sudden, 15 days is all I have left in NC. It's scary. It's exciting. It's stressful, and overwhelming, and yet such a source of joy! Through it all, I'm praying that my eyes remain focused on the Lord, even in this time of huge transition.


I just got home from 2 weeks of training at the NICS headquarters in Mississippi. To say that I am still sorting through all the information I received is an understatement.. I'll never process it all, I'm sure! I got to meet the other incoming teachers who are heading to WNS, and also about 100 other believers who are being sent out all over the world. Many of them are first year teachers, as well. Good to know I'm not alone!

And so, I now gladly introduce to you.. the WNS staff (at least those of us who were stateside and in Mississippi).

Lori, me, Kennie, Lizzy, Gari, Emmy, Katie, Drew, Michelle and Hannah


As we prepare to head to Kenya, I ask that you would remember us in your prayers. Pray for the family and friends we are leaving behind. Pray for the new friendships that are being formed among us. Pray for our travels- we all meet up in London and fly to Nairobi together. Pray that we would strive for unity in all we do at West Nairobi, and pray that we would be patient and understanding of one another during the next several months as we figure out what it means to live, work and serve in Kenya.


I wish I could adequately express my thanks to all of you who have prayed and supported me throughout this journey! You are such a huge part of my story, and His plan!

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying my dear friend...LOVE YOU! And I'm going to miss you like CRAZY. Hug on some chocolate kids for me :)

    That's all :)

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!