Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Houston, we have a project number

I finally got my Project Number a few days ago! That means I have officially begun the task of raising support. When I first thought about it, I was nervous about asking people to support me. I was a little terrified, actually. Who would voluntarily commit to supporting a wide-eyed, not-even-out-of-college-yet kid like me? But I have been completely blown away and humbled by the responses of people who love me!

I didn't start telling people about Kenya until I was home from UNC for Christmas break. That way, I could tell people in person and no one would find out through the grape vine. But now that the information is out there, people have been approaching me and asking what they can do.. how they can pray right now.. when I can meet with them to sit and talk about the future with them. It's been awesome! My sisters even helped me design my prayer cards (it's one of the perks to having both a photographer and graphic designer in the family).

I've finished my first newsletter and am mailing it out tomorrow. Everytime I look at the stack of envelopes on my desk, I can't help but smile. Every single one of them represents a family- people I know!- who love me enough to commit to supporting me, whether through prayer or financially.

To say I am humbled doesn't even begin to cover it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!